The gas stations are all owned by the government, so there is only one company, and one price. The price is not even posted. I think gas is about half of what you get it for in the US. They are all government employees that work there who pump your gas for you. Regular gas is ‘special gas’. There are worker guys all over the place and they all wear bright blue jump suits with white trim. Cute, they look like Disney park workers or prison workers. And I think the country is full of government employees in a variety of jump suits. I have seen green jump suits for the guys who work on the grass. I say work on the grass, because I have not seen a lawn mower. These guys have a knife and they trim the sidewalks by hand. I have also seen them pulling weeds beside the road one weed at a time. There are dark blue workers that work construction, and brown I think work in the buildings as doormen. Yellow jump suit guys pick up trash. I’ve seen red, but don’t know what they do.
What I have noticed: Arabic Diet Pepsi tastes more like American Diet Coke than Arabic Coke Light. Did I tell you that the soda cans all have the old removable pull tabs like we had in the 70’s? Remember those things? Some people pulled them off and put them in their can of soda, and some people hooked them together and made a long chain (that is what we did, and we had thousands of them all over the basement, hanging all over the place). And they were all over the ground for kids to step on and cut their feet on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment