Etiquette and culture are very important here. Both the local men and women are easily distinguished by their traditional dress, But I have noticed they have very individual styles. The men wear and long white dress shirt (dishdasha) like thing and a headdress. But each wears the headdress differently, and it maybe a different color (white or red and white check). The women wear all black (abaya) with some who cover their face completely and others only their hair. But even though they are all dressed in black, the abaya might have stones or other things sewn into it. But most have beautiful shoes and hand bags. The most interesting thing that I noticed is the teenage girls. They are in the traditional abaya, but some have it open in the front from the waist down so their jeans or pants and shoes can be seen. I think they are being little rebels without being disrespectful. I like it…
Funniest thing I noticed today: They have separate banks for women and men, all the same building like bathrooms, men on one side, and women on the other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment